• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple crashes of my Lightroom 4 program...

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got off the phone from TWO HOURS with one of your Lightroom technical support persons.  He worked diligently to attempt to help me with the problem I'm having with my Lightroom 4 program, which gives me the above error message ("Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 64-bit has stopped working"), 80-90% of the time when I'm trying to import photos from my computer into LR.  He tried changing the "preferences," then wound up uninstalling my program, then reinstalling it, but the problem persists!  I am extremely distraught over this.  Please let me know what can be done to correct it.

I see from your online forum that many Lightroom users seem to have this same problem, but I cannot see what FIX will help me.

Thank you very much for your reply.  I urgently need to use Lightroom today to edit 400 photos that my clients are waiting on!!!

Beverly Reed

Lubbock, TX USA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Your screenshot shows that the Fault Module is wpdmanager.mox

Do you have a Samsung tablet connected to your computer? If so, disconnect it.

See Lightroom: LR 4 import crashes when a Android Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is connected. | Photoshop Family Customer Communit…

See post #3 in this thread "Lightroom Has Stopped Working"   where it says

1. Go to your Program Files directory and open the Lightroom folder (usually C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3)

2. Open the moxplugins folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your screenshot shows that the Fault Module is wpdmanager.mox

Do you have a Samsung tablet connected to your computer? If so, disconnect it.

See Lightroom: LR 4 import crashes when a Android Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is connected. | Photoshop Fami...

See post #3 in this thread "Lightroom Has Stopped Working"   where it says

1. Go to your Program Files directory and open the Lightroom folder (usually C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3)

2. Open the moxplugins folder.

3.  Rename wpdmanager.mox to something else - such as wpdmanager.moxtest

4.  Restart Lightroom and go to import.

This will disable Lightroom's ability to handle removable devices or memory cards - which in my case, was where the crash was occuring. With this disabled, you may have to copy images to your hard disk manually, or using a different app - then use Lightroom Import to "add" them in-place to your catalog.

You are also running Lightroom 4.3, and should update to the latest version 4.4.1 which is available here:

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines