• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated Camera RAW locks up updated PS CC 2017 & Mac Pro

Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS CC 2017 and Camera RAW both updated two days ago. Opening a RAW file causes my Mac Pro (Early 2008) to freeze up, requiring a cold reboot. This happens with new NEF files and years-old RAF files, so I assume the problem is not in the RAW file. I have reset PS Preferences to factory defaults to no avail. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

David

Computer specs:

OS X El Capitan ver 10.11.6

Processor: 2 x 3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Memory: 8GB 800 MHz DDR2

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 256 MB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have this problem too Photoshop freezes on startup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After screwing around with this problem, I've lost patience and thrown in the towel. I'm going with a Zamzar.com subscription for $6.75/month. Since I am a fine art photographer and not in a high pressure/high volume environment, the more deliberate process offered at Zamzar makes eminently good sense. That's one less set of PS idiosyncrasies to deal with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have this problem and it infuriating

My IMAC early 2008 is configured:

OS X El Capitan ver 10.11.6

Processor: 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory: 6GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 256 MB

Fortunately I CAN use ON1 to edit my RAW files but prefer using Adobe Camera RAW and Photoshop CC

Really looking forward to Adobe fixing this problem or coming up with a way to re-install a previous working version of Adobe Camera RAW until they can address the problem and fix it !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Same Freeze-Up Problem" happening during a tight photo deadline! Ugh!

Problem start after updating to Photoshop CC 2017 via the Creative Cloud App.

Luckily I still have Adobe PSD CS6 to bypass the problem for now. However, The CC App. will not update the PSD CS6 - it will download 100% but "No Cigar"

The remedy prescribed: “Rename the 1.0 folder (for example, to 1.0.old). Then reinstall the update.” - Which didn’t help and just made a mess of doing anything in Photoshop - so I restored the AAMUpdater to original settings.

I don’t know if this has anything to do with PSD CC2017 freezing up my computer, or am I chasing the wrong rabbit.

The has been happening to many people for owe a week know. I wish Adobe would release a patch or something so I can get on with my workflow so I oblige my deadline.

Thank You

Jonnydare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on an Early 2008 Mac Pro running Mmac OS 10.11.6, which i have seemed to solve by opening Bridge, select "Camera Raw Preferences...", then under "Performance" DESELECT "Use Graphics Processor"

Regards, Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

richardlinton,

Thank you sooooo much! I have been stuck in suspended animation for the pas week. You are a lifesaver.

If I may inquire: How does the use of the Graphics Processor freeze up Camera Raw?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too would like to know whythe use of the Graphics Processor freeze up Camera Raw?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked perfectly.  Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That did it THANK YOU!!  I was about to contact Adobe tech support but still having issues with my last experience so I googled it and all fixed!!    I also disable the graphic accelerator in PSCC did help it had to be done in Bridge.

Thanks again for the correct fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines