• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I updated LR 5 days ago all my folders are missing

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Lightroom 4 days ago. My hard drives show up but none of the folders show up.  There is not a right click "update folder location" or and exclamation point to click on.  There is no, right click on the hard drive to "update location" 

I can not right click on the image to edit in PS 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have probably opened the wrong catalog file (an empty catalog file). Search your all of your hard disks using your operating system's search feature to find files whose name ends with .LRCAT and then double-click on each one found until you find the one you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched, There is only 1 as far as I can tell. I have opened a new catalog from my back up on July 11, 2017. Now I see all my folders with a question mark but I still can't right click to locate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes, words used by one person are interpreted across the internet by another person to have a different meaning than intended. This is not anyone's fault, it's just the way things are. So, I need a clarification.

I have searched,

Did you use your operating system's search feature to do the search? Did you search ALL hard disks?

I have opened a new catalog from my back up on July 11, 2017. Now I see all my folders with a question mark but I still can't right click to locate.

Explain. Why can't you right-click to locate? What is preventing you from doing this? What happens when you try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20170807_131705.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20170807_131721.jpg

I apologize for my incomplete sentences.

I have searched my entire computer.  These are the files that show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DJ has you pointed in the right direction.

The list shown in File Explorer is a little confusing because by default File Explorer will hide many of the file extensions. Not only is this confusing for users, it is a great way for viruses to spread. In the File Explorer options, turn off the setting for "hide extensions of known types".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So open that big one dated 8/7/17

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have fixed the problem.

after my update, Lightroom changed the names of my hard drives.  Not only did it change the names but it also changed the location of the files.  Once I figured out what was happening, I right clicked on the file and located it under the correct drive.

I did a backup and created a new catalog from todays backup.

Everything seems to be running properly and all my files are back in the their proper location.

This Lightroom bug needs to be fixed.

Thank you guys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A comment on your screen-clips:

You appear to be saving Catalog Backups on the same hard-drive as the working Catalog- This should be remedied, and future backups saved to another physical drive.

If C:drive fails you have lost all Lightroom work!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much I will make that change.

I just always saved it where it told me too.

But you are right!!

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chers51  wrote

after my update, Lightroom changed the names of my hard drives.  Not only did it change the names but it also changed the location of the files.  Once I figured out what was happening, I right clicked on the file and located it under the correct drive.

Lightroom does not change the names of the drives. Windows however does, depending on what drives are plugged in.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrote

I did a backup and created a new catalog from todays backup.

Everything seems to be running properly and all my files are back in the their proper location.

This Lightroom bug needs to be fixed.

Thank you guys

As others have stated, this is not a Lightroom bug. Windows does this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines