• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ghost boxes in Acrobat PDF

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been forced to work in Adobe Pro to edit a document, and I am struggling with it in general. One major issue, however, is the appearance of mysterious blue boxes in the document. This typically happens after I delete an image or a table that was provided in the original document. I have tried everything I can think of to delete them, but with no luck. Here is an example:

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 11.07.54 AM.png

I think they are text boxes you would use if you were making an editable form, but that is not what is being done here. On a tight deadline, so any good ideas are welcome!!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

I actually figured it out just now. For the record, this is what you do:

* go to edit mode and select Prepare Form. This makes all of the form fields very visible (and able to be edited).

* right click on the form field and select Delete

simple enough, just not to a rookie Adobe Pro. Now if I can get it to stop crashing so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like form fields. What do you see if you go to Form Edit mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. In edit mode, they are not as noticeable, but they cloud the image or text that are running on top of them. They must be form fields because in read mode you can click on them and enter text. How do I get at those to delete them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I actually figured it out just now. For the record, this is what you do:

* go to edit mode and select Prepare Form. This makes all of the form fields very visible (and able to be edited).

* right click on the form field and select Delete

simple enough, just not to a rookie Adobe Pro. Now if I can get it to stop crashing so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines