Exit

Captivate recorded background changes

Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this issue is similar to the one reported here in cap 6, but not sure:

Re: Captivate 6 - Edit recording issue

Basically I record a simulation in cap 8. On some, but definitely not all slides, the background image is different when previewed to what is shown when editing.

Here is the slide as recorded:

BackgroundInCap8.jpg

Here is the slide in preview. Notice the selected field in the drop down is the <None> row, not the "Detailer" row.BackgroundInPreview.jpg

Lastly, here is the slide when I delete the background. Note the piece of image on the slide, that I cannot get rid of. I cannot select it... it is not shown on the timeline. changing master slide has no impact.
BackgroundDeleted.jpg

I have tried inserting a new background but that piece of background seems to take precedence, so I need to create a new slide to get rid of the problem.

Has anyone else experienced this or have a better workaround than adding a new slide?

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This one is really annoying. My workaround: Right-click the background and choose to copy it. Then paste it right on the slide as an image above the background. This worked for me at least..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources