• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quadrocopter-footage following a road - superimpose markers along the road?

Participant ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all! I have a footage with a quadrocopter following a road. On the road I want to superimpose a line with km markings on it. The line should obviously be "still" and the markers should appear/disappear  in the top/bottom of the video during the quad´s flight. How is this possible to achive? (Cause - of course it is...??)

Regards and thanks in advance! / Håkan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is typically done using a full 3D scene reconstruction in advanced tracking software like Syntheyes or complex compositing tools like Nuke. AE's 3D tracker can only track the camera and allow you to place some flat items in the scene, whiuch naturally may not align properly. the rest is up to the specific footage and without seeing it nobody can realyl tell you how to best approach this. if there is a chnace to get a consistent 3D scene as a continuous shot then it's easy - you simply place and animate your stuff inside the tracked scene. Otherwise more complex procedures may apply, including lots of manual animation.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most efficient technique depends entirely on the shot. If there is lens distortion and the shot moves far enough along the road that the new graphics approach the edges if the frame where distortion is greatest you must first remove the lens distortion. This is even true if you use advanced tracking tools like Syntheyes. If there is a part of the road that stays in the shot for the entire time then you may be able to simply Motion Stabilize the shot so that the road does not move in the frame and lay your graphic over the road, then add the original motion to the graphic and put the motion back in the shot with a couple of simple expressions and a null.

AE's camera tracker is plenty capable of tracking a shot from a drone if you remove the lens distortion first but this is very hard to do accurately unless you have access to the drone and can shoot a grid and run some calculations. I've done this with all of my drone cameras and with my GoPro cameras. I've even created lens profiles for my iPhone because accurate camera tracking and seamless compositing is only possible if you remove the lens distortion.

Show us the shot or include an accurate and detailed description of the footage to give us a better idea of what you are dealing with and what kind of graphic you are attaching. The project could be as simple as motion tracking the spots on the road where you want the markers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Hakan Ern,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if you have or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines