• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OpenGL tools not working, driver updated.

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Photoshop CC 2017 and have a GeForce GTX 970 graphics card. Up until a few days ago everything was working fine, including the rotate tool and the colour picker ring. Then suddenly I couldn't use those tools and apparently it 'only works with OpenGL enabled document windows'.

I have updated my graphics card drivers, updated my cintiq drivers (and then went back to previous versions to see if this was causing the problem, but it wasn't that I could tell), and uninstalled then reinstalled Photoshop itself.

Nothing seems to be fixing this problem, though occasionally I will start up my computer and the rotate tool etc. will work for a while before ceasing to function again.

As you can see, OpenCL is checked and Advanced Drawing Mode is still accessible:

Has anyone had similar problems and have found a workaround/knows how to fix this problem? It wouldn't bother me so much but line edges etc. are all jagged and nasty to work with...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to be trying to use the rotate tool.  I have a different Nvidia adapter and driver and have not problem.  I would think your problem would be related to your display device driver.  Your Cintiq is a display as far as Photoshop goes.  Its Pen would be a different device. Are you using touch to rotate does the cintiq support touch like an Wacom Intuos Pro tablet does? Is the cintiq display a touch display?

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply JJMack, the cintiq does support touch but I have the touch turned off and use the R command to rotate.
I've just checked my display device driver and it's all up to date aswell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines