Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I select Exposer brush it goes to custom brush when I try to use it

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Grant,

I did a little experimenting. If the exposure slider is set to zero when I select the "Exposure" preset, then when I click on the image with the brush, the preset field changes to "Custom", and the slider stays at zero. It's odd, but hardly a major problem. The sliders seem "sticky": if I'm in the Exposure preset and set the Exposure slider to zero, it will be zero the next time I invoke the Exposure preset.

This is a badly thought out interface design, but it shouldn't be that hard to work

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Lightroom have the same problem with adjustment brushes and the radial filter. If I choose exposure the as i use it changes to custom

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from generic Cloud/Setup forum to specific Program forum... Mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course it does. Whenever you change one of the sliders so that the new configuration doesn't match the "effect"  preset selected, the preset changes to "Custom". This is the way it should work, not a bug.

Hal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer but the exposure button is the only one that does this. I have tried resetting the brushes to default but no joy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I misunderstood. Are you saying that if you set the brush to the Exposure preset and then draw a brushstroke on the image that the preset field changes to "Custom"? If so, are any of the other sliders changing? In other words, is the problem only with the label, or does it affect your editing adversely?

What version of LR are you using? And what OS?

Hal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hal as far as I can tell it is happening on the exposure and highlight brushes. when the brush changes to custom so do the sliders they go to a zero setting

I am using 2015.12 Lightroom

IOS 10.12.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grant,

I did a little experimenting. If the exposure slider is set to zero when I select the "Exposure" preset, then when I click on the image with the brush, the preset field changes to "Custom", and the slider stays at zero. It's odd, but hardly a major problem. The sliders seem "sticky": if I'm in the Exposure preset and set the Exposure slider to zero, it will be zero the next time I invoke the Exposure preset.

This is a badly thought out interface design, but it shouldn't be that hard to work around.

Hal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Hal thats seems to be the problem. It was never a show stopper just a bit odd when it happened thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines