• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rate & Review on LR mobile for iPad [Why has Speed rating has been removed in LR Mobile version 2.8?]

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like Lightroom Mobile has lost the ability to speed flag images since the 'Rate & Review" section is missing in the new update. (V2.8.0)

Anyone experiencing the same issue?

On the iPhone you can easily switch between app modes in the section above. On the iPad I'm missing this functionality.

You can switch with the tab on the right between info, edit and activity, but no Rate & Review...

What am I doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Why has the speed rating/review tool been removed?

Please add your me-too vote and detailed opinion to this topic in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom mobile: Restore Speed Review? | Photoshop Family Customer Community  . Adobe product developers actively participate in that forum but are rarely seen here (which is primarily a user-to-user forum). 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Speed ratings has gone, yes, but you can still apply ratings and flags below the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously?  This was one of the best features on the ipad

I hope they put it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know! Exactly my thoughts too!
What's the point of removing this feature? Being able to set the rating below the pictures just isn't handy.

I'm really hoping it's some kind of bug...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The loss of speed rating on the iPad (along with cramped image display while editing) is a serious step backward.  A definite hit to my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just launched LR 2.8.0 for the first time after updating. Why has the speed rating/review tool been removed? This was possibly the cornerstone of usage I had for LR on my ipad. Dump images in from LR, work though reviewing/rating/selecting.

Not convinced by the edit screen changes either - far too much screen estate is needed for the controls vs showing the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why has the speed rating/review tool been removed?

Please add your me-too vote and detailed opinion to this topic in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom mobile: Restore Speed Review? | Photoshop Family Customer Community  . Adobe product developers actively participate in that forum but are rarely seen here (which is primarily a user-to-user forum). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unbelievable, you'd think they'd learn from the other times they've taken away speed rating and everyone complained.

I use Lightroom Mobile for quick triage / selecting keepers on the go. Speed rating in the full screen view is much easier than hunting and pecking at that tiny flag while looking at a partial screen view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is insane. I will start looking for other apps. They can't get anything right. They remove working features every release. When we ask why they say it's am intended change. As a wedding photographer I cant waste time with this any longer. I'll shoot a futile email and stop my subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the most useful feature on iPad and it is really poor that it is gone now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read in a couple of places that it is (hopefully) due to come back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the ONLY reason I synched to the iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The strangest thing is that the Rate & Review still exists on iPhone. This has to be a bug where they forgot to deploy the R&R to the iPad release. This is a critical function and has to come back. I think a lot of end users has this feature as the main reason they have Lightroom Mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct.  Ipad use is next to pointless in my workflow now.  Too many fundamental errors as a software vendor.  Approachintlg the final straw. Researching alternatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Work around in the meanwhile: touch the top icon at the right (settings/develop - not sure about it's name) and the settings pane will disappear. Do the same with the film strip icon at the bottom and the image is now covering most of the screen, leaving just the stars and flags at the bottom.

They are a bit finicky and the speed rating should be re-added - but let's not over-dramatize; the application has come a long way on the iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines