• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

does any one know how to create effects like this?^^

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this just a drawing or is there a magic trick ?

Grootbbb.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

I can give you some ideas to play with.  I've used too detailed a subject here, and looking back, the fine, closely spaced bones are not working as well as they might, but this basically uses the trick of adding layer styles with the layer's fill  opacity reduced, or turned al the way down to zero.  That leaves just the effect.

So this has a combination of inner and outer glow using the soft cyan colour, plus a bevel and emboss but using very light cyan and darker blue for the highlight and shado

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What trick? This is elaborate motion compositing based on 3D rendering data. The outlines can e.g. easily be produced using incidence based shaders in a 3D program. The rest is just distortion filters, glows and so on. Of course nothing stops you from recreating them manually in PS based on brush strokes or other imagery just as well.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you i thought so ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can give you some ideas to play with.  I've used too detailed a subject here, and looking back, the fine, closely spaced bones are not working as well as they might, but this basically uses the trick of adding layer styles with the layer's fill  opacity reduced, or turned al the way down to zero.  That leaves just the effect.

So this has a combination of inner and outer glow using the soft cyan colour, plus a bevel and emboss but using very light cyan and darker blue for the highlight and shadow.  Don't forget to set the blend modes to normal because you won't see any effect with the default Screen.

I also stroked a selection of the skeleton on a new layer and offset it, but this is entirely up to how you want the effect to look

A wee tip with this sort of thing, when searching for stock images, is to add PNG to the search parameters which gives you a decent chance of find a transparent background.  Note you have to save such files to your computer and open in Photoshop.  If you try and grab them directly and paste into Photoshop, you'll lose the transparency and have a black background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you very much!!    this is exactly what i need

im going to rebuild the groot image for a designe is this going to work when i mask the charakter (groot) and add the effects ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines