• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

infrequent and generic error on <cfinclude>

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2008 Oct 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing an intractible and difficult-to-explain problem with a framework-level coding structure.

My index.cfm ends with a <cfinclude> tag that brings in the page template. It works just fine - *most* of the time. Every now and then that line of code throws a very generic error that only reports the line number.

The code reads: <cfinclude template="#PageInfo.Page.PageTemplate#">

I assure you that the variable contains an absolutely valid template value. I have proven this over and over.

Instead of attempting to explain the truly arcane and numerous factors that I've discovered, let me ask a simple question: Does anyone know why <cfinclude> would throw a generic error when the template most certainly exists? How can I address this?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could always do a cftry, and when it fails, dump the cfcatch structure into an email and send it to yourself. If nothing else, it might give you some more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Idea. I'll give it a (cf)try.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2008 Oct 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dan -

I catpured an error at 10:30 last night. The "type" is java.util.EmptyStackException.

Although the on-screen errormsg showed one error at line 87, the cfcatch dump shows TWO elements under TagContext. Both are CFINCLUDES, as shown below.

Is this meaningful to you?

1 struct
COLUMN 0
ID CFINCLUDE
LINE 87
RAW_TRACE at cfindex2ecfm2088046539.runPage(D:\Inetpub\tas\index.cfm:87)
TEMPLATE D:\Inetpub\tas\index.cfm
TYPE CFML

2 struct
COLUMN 0
ID CFINCLUDE
LINE 177
RAW_TRACE at cfApplication2ecfc1561683104$funcONREQUEST.runFunction(D:\Inetpub\tas\Application.cfc:177)
TEMPLATE D:\Inetpub\tas\Application.cfc
TYPE CFML

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so... what's the code on line 87 in index.cfm and on line 177 in
onRequest() in Application.cfc?

Azadi Saryev
Sabai-dee.com
http://www.sabai-dee.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your interest, Azadi.

The code on line 87 of index.cfm is as stated above:

<cfinclude template="#PageInfo.Page.PageTemplate#">

The code in application.cfc line 177 is in the OnRequest function and states:

<cfinclude template="#Arguments.targetPage#">

Again, I assure you that the template name variable referenced on line 87 is absolutely valid. I also presume that the Arguments.TargetPage template is valid as part of the CF framework structure.

I am stumped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2008 Oct 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
In index.cfm, add cfdump pageinfo to the mail you send yourself. In application.cfc, cfdump the arguments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation