• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I make high res' to low res for client

Participant ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A client asked to see all images of a person I photographed.

Is there an easy way to make the high res into low res all at once?

Also what are the numbers on a low res so the client can't escape with the good pix.  Example 72 dpi   4" by 5"

Thanks so much, Penni

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Adobe program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind ppi, that's a print parameter entirely moot for screen viewing. It'll be ignored anyway.

Think absolute number of pixels. 1000 - 1500 pixels, long side, is as good as anything, it will fit comfortably on most screens.

Use File > Scripts > Image Processor and set "resize to fit" there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't that stretch it if you resize to fit?  Or am I just being silly.

For me another way to do it is to go to IMAGE > IMAGE SIZE, then a window pops up.

There you can change the size of the image and the dpi/resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't that stretch it if you resize to fit?

No, that's why this is so useful. You define width and height in pixels, and then it's resized to fit within this rectangle. They're not absolute dimensions, as they would be if you used Image Size.

You can access this separately, as File > Automate > Fit Image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting... like I always say there is more than one way to do things in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create an action and batch your images through this action if you have several to do.

in actions panel, press record ( this will record all steps you take), open an image and resize (windows = alt + ctrl + i) and change the size of your image and press ok. Then save for the web ( ctrl+alt+shift+s) choose file type and location to save the image. Then in the actions panel, press stop.

You now have a action that will resize your images quickly.

Now you can go to file>automate>batch

choose your action, which folder of images and the new destination of the resized images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Penni

If you are worried about your images being misused - as well as lowering resolution , put a watermark over them.

This can be an image or text. Just put it on a layer above the image and lower the transparency so it is visible but not so obtrusive you can't see the image. You can easily do this with an action

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have to agree with Dave.... a watermark can help you if you are worried about someone using it without permission or payment.

Good point Dave!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines