Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Line of text turning into separate text boxes in Acrobat

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

After Ive inserted a line of text into a document, very often , when I save it, it turns the sentence Ive just typed into separate text boxes instead of keeping it as one long sentence contained ina single text box ( I hope you can understand what I am trying to say).

This then makes it very difficult when editing the document if I want to move the sentence to a slightly different position , because instead of clicking on just 1 box, I might have to click on maybe 15 or so separate boxes to move the text., which is quite annoying and time consuming.

I'm probably doing something wrong, but don't know how to stop the single text box from splitting up into multiple text boxes.

Can anyone help with this please.

Also, if I am trying to make up a "shape" using adobe that I need to insert into my ukulele song sheets,  I cant seem to group the shape I am making up , like I can do in power point.

A friend told me to do the following:-

hold down control

left click on all of the objects in the shape until they are highlighted

release the control button

Right click

But this doesn't work, can anyone explain to me where I am going wrong and what I can do to group the little symbols I am making up instead of having to move all of the separate parts of the symbol one at a time.

Finally.................Is there a way I  can set the default text for writing and editing my text to Comic sans  for all functions , instead of having to select this font every time I am writing something.

Thank you very much and hope you can answer my questions

Cheers

JimmyG

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

PDF files were never meant to be edited in such a way, so this tool can produce all kinds of strange results or behave in an unpredictable manner. You should really only use it for very minor edits. For anything beyond that you would need to go back to the original file format and perform the edits there, or export the PDF file to a more suitable format for editing (like Word or InDesign). At the end of the process, create a new PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF files were never meant to be edited in such a way, so this tool can produce all kinds of strange results or behave in an unpredictable manner. You should really only use it for very minor edits. For anything beyond that you would need to go back to the original file format and perform the edits there, or export the PDF file to a more suitable format for editing (like Word or InDesign). At the end of the process, create a new PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really doesn't inform a user ion how to prevent or reverse the described symptom. This more of a fatherly, play-stupid-games-win-stupid-prizes lesson on course correction. IS there a way to correct the issue that @jimmyg77699573 mentioned other than the don't use this application to make edits answer.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Although I think there's a new Group command in Acrobat DC when you right-click after selecting multiple objects. You can try it. It might work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines