• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening photos from camera raw to photoshop is very slow

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, hello everybody. Probably not the first subject with the word 'slow' in it, but I could not find a similar problem. So this might be a good challenge for you guys!

I have an HP Envy Notebook with i7 65000cpu processor and 8gb Ram. Usually sufficient for Photoshop, Lightroom and Bridge. But for some reason it takes 20 seconds to open a photo from lightroom or bridge in Photoshop. Also working on the photo's in Photoshop is no real joy. When photo's load in Photoshop, you can see it being build up. And that is only when I open one photo.I tried all the tips given bij Adobe: updating drivers form nVidia, setting the cachelevels to 4. I ran antispyware programs, anti-malware programs but nothing comes up. Other programs work fine, it is just PS/LR and Bridge.

I sincerely hope one of you can help me out here.

Thanks in advance!

Remco

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a thought but try going into your Performance preferences (Edit>Preferences>Performance) and make sure most of the available ram is set to be used by Photoshop. 8gb isn't very much if you have other programs open at the same time, and/or are working on large image files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, thanks for taking the time to answer me. Unfortunately, I already set available ram for Photoshop to 80%. With no success..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How large are the files you are opening?

Your OS is using a chunk of your 8gb ram, and then you are using 80% of what's left. Probably that's not a lot. Photoshop will start using the hard disk for scratch disk when it runs out of ram. You'll want lots of empty hard disk space for Photoshop to use for scratch disk. If your hard disk is nearly full that could cause some problems too. Other than adding more ram and making sure you have lots of empty hard disk space, I'm not sure what else to suggest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Steve,

Thanks again for your time. Files are 25 mb each. But I look into that harddrive idea. Not sure what else to do but adding ram. Still strange as collegues with a laptop and 8gb seem to have no issues with speed. Thanks anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines