• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import and replace doesn't seem to work properly....

Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two compositions. EXR and QT.
QT's background layer is the EXR Compostion.

The EXR and QT compositions are used for OUTPUT ONLY

My comp work is done upstream of the EXR Composition and is the base layer of the EXR Compostion.

I have a setup where I render the EXR Composition, and then once the .exr files are rendered I have it's output module set for "IMPORT AND REPLACE USAGE",

What should happen is that the EXR Composition (which was just rendered)  should be imported and it's footage replaced, and another render automatically creates a QT from that EXR using a separate output module, render settings, and output destination.

What SEEMS to be happening though, is that the QT output does a full re-render from the ground up before it imports and replaces the usage.

Of course it takes WAY longer than just creating a QT from the .exr files.

Is there a bug in Import and replace usage? Or is it not designed to work that way?

Thanx in advance for your help!

Mac Pro (2019) 3.2 GHz 16-Core Intel Xeon W 96 GB 2933 MHz DDR4 AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32 GB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are both in your render queue at the same time? I could see AE thinking that all needed to happen first before any replacing occurred. Now, are there any layers in your QT comp besides the EXR comp? If not, you could simply use the Adobe Media Encoder instead. Set up a folder as a watch folder and then anything you render into that folder can then be transcoded into whatever format you want automatically! Very handy and sounds right up your alley.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi fredfx1957,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if you have or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines