• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zooming in to 25% causes work space to be stuck

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've encountered a weird issue where zooming in to 25%, using the mouse wheel+Alt key, causes the work space to be stuck halfway through the screen. See image below. If I zoom in from a higher level, from 13% to 25%, my screen looks like the screenshot, and is stuck there. I cannot pan down or up to show the rest of the work space. If I zoom in to the next level, i.e. 50%, then the screen snaps back up to where my cursor was when I started zooming. It's just this one zoom level, 25%, where I can't see half my work space. I think this issue has to do with the size my document, which is 48 in. x 36 in. I tried replicating this issue in a 11x17 document, and it did not occur. If you want to try to replicate the issue, try using a 48x36 document size.

The only way to fix this is to zoom in or out- once I do, the work space snaps back up to show on the whole screen. What's strange is when I zoom out to 25%, i.e. from 50% to 25%, the work space is fine and fits perfectly in the screen. Has anyone encountered this, and found a fix?

indesign zoom.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you try once after cleaning your cache and preferences for InDesign? Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aman,

Thanks for the response. I followed the instructions on the post you linked. I moved the preference files, opened the program, and saw the new fresh files created after opening, but the issue persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

And did you move/remove the cache files as well?

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I only moved the two files that the post references, which were "InDesign Defaults" and "InDesign SavedData." Only the latter one was in the "cache" folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines