• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop automatically changes the width of my image??

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is that when I open a short video in Photoshop that I made in Premiere Pro, it shows the image in the size that it should be, but when I click on image size, it stretches it in width. This is the same when I want to export it for web to make it into a gif.

On the left you see the image as it should be and how I opened it. On the right is the 'image size' option (alt, cmd, I). It clearly shows how the height is the same.

On the other screenshot you see the image as it should be on the bottom, and the 'image size' option above it. The width is not the same, but I didn't do anything to change that.

I have never had this problem before, and I can't remember doing anything different. Can someone please help me, this is extremely frustrating.

Schermafbeelding 2017-08-08 om 20.47.43.png

Schermafbeelding 2017-08-08 om 20.47.56.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

View > Pixel Aspect Ratio. In here, select 'square', then save your image, re-open it, it should be normal.

Another idea if this fails...

Click "View", and then unclick "Pixel Aspect Ratio Correction".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

View > Pixel Aspect Ratio. In here, select 'square', then save your image, re-open it, it should be normal.

Another idea if this fails...

Click "View", and then unclick "Pixel Aspect Ratio Correction".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Can you show the image size dialogue and confirm is this when you first click image size or when you have resized and clicked OK?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines