• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Liquify NOT working

Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  Currently have IMAC using OS X Yosemite version 10.10.5.  I USED to be able to use the Liquify tool.  Now, the screen opens, I hit the top tool on the left, and the circle shows up but when I click on the item I want to liquify NOTHING happens.  Preview IS checked off so that is not the issue...anybody? Thank you!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Another thing I remember is when "Show Backdrop" is checked on and the opacity under that section is 100%

You would need to uncheck "Show Backdrop" to see if that's so.

Lastly, hold down the Mac's Option key and the Liquefy dialog's Cancel button will change to Reset.

Click on Reset to restore defaults and hopefully that takes care of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preview needs to be checked on so you see the results of the Liquify tool as you work with it.

Unchecking Preview causes the problem you describe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, preview is checked.  I worded it incorrectly.  It says "preview is checked off" ...in other words, it is checked.  LOL.  Sorry for confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing I remember is when "Show Backdrop" is checked on and the opacity under that section is 100%

You would need to uncheck "Show Backdrop" to see if that's so.

Lastly, hold down the Mac's Option key and the Liquefy dialog's Cancel button will change to Reset.

Click on Reset to restore defaults and hopefully that takes care of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If still no results, exit Photoshop.

Hold down Cmd-Opt-Shift, start Photoshop and answer Yes to Delete Settings file and let Photoshop finish loading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gener7!  It works now!!!!! OMG you saved me tons of research!!! I clicked off the "show backdrop" and it immediately started working.... Weirdly, now, even when i turn it back on (clicking it again), it still works!!!! Thank you soon much!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Second time in 10 years I have seen this. First person was so impressed she wanted me to be her personal trainer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BRAVO!! gener7, you could have a new job!!!!! Thanks again!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you have small selection or work on empty leyer (area of layer)?

Pawel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so macpawel? I open an image and create new layer and the window comes right up and nothing though the circle is there looking like it will do "something"...it worked before...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

liquify photoshop not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

liquify photoshop not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines