Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive PDF Help

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I am looking for assistance, I'm trying to create and interactive PDF for Project Requests within the a tech center company I work.

I've started the first page and no having an success in getting the document to do what I want. Its pretty basic, can anyone assist in helping me here. I have an idea of what I want, just not sure I'm being most efficient using the application.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Regards,

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is that you need help with? please elaborate so we know what you need.  I don't know what you are trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to create a 3-4 page Interactive PDF for handling project

requests where based on your choices from the first two pages you will be

taken to the correct Process Flow / Functional mailbox.

Below is the first 'rough draft' page 1 where the requester will input

their information. I'm having trouble with the Full Name / User ID / Dow

email address boxes. I want them to be text so you can manually type into

them. Also, I would like to have the section below able to where you can

choose 1 - 3 selections based on the check marks. And lastly have the

Cancel & Submit button work properly.

Like I stated, I'm brand new at using this Software and need some

assistance. Thanks in advance for the help! Its much appreciated!

Best,

John

On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 3:10 PM, JonathanArias <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello John,

did you figure out the tools? any other questions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I referred him to the Acrobat forum. The if this than that aspect of this can’t be done with InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i understand. Thanks Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need full details.

What version of ID and what exactly do you expect of this PDF? Another very important question: How will these PDFs be viewed? If you can’t control the reader experience, it’s entirely possible that what works in Acrobat or Reader may not work in third party readers, especially on mobile devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOW WER ARE COOKING WITH GAS!!

Sounds to me like you want to make text fields can fill, radio buttons and a cancel and submit button

Please change your workspace to the interactive .pdf one. from there open the buttons and forms panel. it is here that all the goodies you are looking for live. You can create shapes and five them the "clear form" or "submit form" actions.

See below for screenshots. this is as general i can get to answer your questions. how this helps.

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 2.58.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 2.59.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 2.59.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 2.59.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 3.04.10 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-07 at 3.04.16 PM.png

you will benefit a lot from watching these tutorials on creating interactive forms:

Creating PDF Forms with InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There’s an if this then that aspect to this as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like BobLevine​ said there is much more to this than what i mentioned. Take a look at the options i took screenshots of, play with them and if you are still unsure about something reach out. Happy to help further and hope this at least gets you in the correct road.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this document is for internal company use, presumably you'll know which devices will be used and you can specify which version of Acrobat Reader must be used. This info will be very useful in establishing how far you can go with this interactive PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines