Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get to the submenus on Toolbar by clicking on the little triangle

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop CC on an iMac running OS 10.12

If I click on the triangle with the mouse or Wacom pen it does nothing.

I can access the submenu on a tool by hitting Shift and that tools shortcut.

I am also having an issue with the Wacom Pen nothing working consistantly in the Finder, I wonder if the two are related?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am on Windows here, so it may be different on the Mac,  but does click and hold on the tool bring up the alternatives?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, clicking and holding does not work either, but thank you for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.

I can only access the submenus on the Toolbar by holding down Control while selecting with my mouse or Wacom Intuos Pro pen.

I am on a MacBook Pro (Touch) using the latest software. I have tried resetting Toolbar to default and resetting Photoshop preferences. I have also uninstalled and re-installed Photoshop.

The Toolbar submenus work fine in both Illustrator & InDesign.

Any insight would be great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on them to bring up the sub menaus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First, there is a checkbox in Preferences under Tools that says "use Shift key for tool switch" that you want to make sure is checked. You most likely have already done that but I wanted to get that out of the way just in case.

Now, I had an issue where my tool's submenus disappeared one day and all the tools in the submenu's (and others) seemed to to be located separately all in one place at the bottom of the tools bar located inside the tool that looks like this "•••".

I apologize but I can't remember exactly what I did but I was able to change it to the old way, with the normal toolbar with submenus of tools that you can use shift to access. It is possible it was under Edit > Toolbar. I may have just restored defaults or something but at the very bottom of this panel where it says "Show:" make sure, if the 3 dots are selected(•••), that to the right of the icons,  the checkbox, "Disable Shortcuts for Hidden Toolbar Extras" is unchecked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines