• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalogue Template

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to buy catalogue templates for photoshop. I just downloaded photoshop because I thought I could use it to create a  simple catalogue for my small business. The templates from stock are not what i am looking for.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you write "create a  simple catalogue" it wool be best it you provide an example of what you consider a "simple catalog".  Or sone discription of one. What are you looking for?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom works with catalogues, not Photoshop. Are you referring to some other meaning of catalogue? If so can you explain what it is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is not the tool for this job, you need to use InDesign. You use Photoshop to optimise the images you want to feature in your catalogue and then Place them in InDesign where you'd add the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Derek, I will get InDesign now . I hope there are videos on you tube on how to use it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has a steep learning curve and you may do better employing a freelance designer to produce your catalogue.

If you do want to learn to use InDesign, and the other applications, Lynda.com have excellent online video tutorials - you can get a 30-day free trial: InDesign CC 2017 Essential Training

There is also an Adobe InDesign forum where you can get advice on particular issues you may have using InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do not have InDesign and do not have a full CC subscription you will need to Pay more to Adobe and learn an other complex Adobe Product.   If you have a LR and PS Subscription you may be able to create your simple catalog with what you have.  You never explained what you meant by a simple catalog.    LR and PS can create web Photo galleries and Photo collages you can put on the web.  They are easy to create....

I have a full subscription however at may age I do not  want to learn additional Adobe Applications all I use is PS and I have used it for over 20 years.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I got Indesign today. Now to figure out how to use it. I have

downloaded a flyer template first , to see how I get on.

Thanks for the advise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's the link to the InDesign forum: InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to have a small business with a presents on the web you may want to use a third party to maintain a web site for you so you can concentrate on your business.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines