• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing images as a sequence in Adobe Premiere Pro using extendscript

Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've been looking around and trying to find a way of importing image sequences in Adobe Premiere Pro using extendscript.

I can import separate single files using: app.project.importFiles(new Folder(folder_path));

But I can't give an option of importing these images as a sequence.

I tried using opts = new ImportOptions(new File("path_to_image")); opts.sequence = true; and calling this within app.project.importFiles(opts) but Premiere doesn't seem to support ImportOptions, I keep getting an error stating "Import Options does not have a constructor"....

I'm assuming Premiere Pro doesn't support ImportOptions?

Is there any other way of importing an image sequence using app.project.importFiles?

Thanks!

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

The last parameter to app.project.importFiles is a 0 or 1, to indicate whether or not to "interpret all the files referenced in the array-to-be-imported, as an image sequence".

See usage in PProPanel:

Samples/Premiere.jsx at master · Adobe-CEP/Samples · GitHub

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to instantiate ImportOptions using the default constructor (iow, without constructor parameters). Then set props.

Possibly helpful...

Import a file or folder with scripting

The above link/thread was my first web search attempt ("extendscript project importfiles")... you may look at other results for more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that too. It just looks like ImportOptions doesn't exist in the Premiere world at all. Just gives me an error.

ImportOptions doesn't show up anywhere in the Data Browser either sadly(ExtendScript Toolkit).

Is there any other way of importing image sequences without using ImportOptions?

(I tried replicating an exported XML of an image sequence, in order to reconstruct the XML and import that instead, but when I import the XML only the first frame of the image sequence shows up sadly..)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nom666  wrote

Is there any other way of importing image sequences without using ImportOptions?

Stepping back for a minute... what are you focused on extendscript? If you were simply searching for ways to automate Premiere... did you check out this page see its options? https://www.adobe.io/apis/creativecloud/premierepro.html

Adobe Premiere Pro SDK for plugin & extension development | Adobe I/O

I basically clicked the documentation URL link/button and it led to the following...

Samples/PProPanel at master · Adobe-CEP/Samples · GitHub

...there's some mention of automating import-related operations in the readme.md ,,, there's a link to importing files where the link itself is bad... goes to a stale URL but if you look at the URL you can infer how to browser to Premiere.jsx...

...in the jsx code is commented out code with a comment "Here's how to import N sequences from a project."

Based on my experience with the above link, I would not get dissuaded by any bad links... look closely at the URLs to see if you can infer how to construct the right current URL... web search can sometimes be your friend here, including site:sitedomain constructs.

Unrelated to the above is the following thread on creativecow...

Scripting in Premiere Pro - Where to start : Adobe Premiere Pro

... the most recent post which is Jul 2017 (not long ago) and a person at Adobe offers an email address you can ping to get connected with the current info on automating Premiere.

Please excuse if you've already seen all the above.

I'm curious... any reason why not use built-in capabilities of Premiere or AE to build an image seq? If it's a "top secret" project no worries but I was just curious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already built the tool that imports MOVs so everything is good. Just wanted to add a feature enabling this tool to import in image sequences as well. Importing single files using ExtendScript works quite well in Premiere, but there's unfortunately no option of telling Premiere to import a sequence of images.

I basically clicked the documentation URL link/button and it led to the following...

Samples/PProPanel at master · Adobe-CEP/Samples · GitHub​

...there's some mention of automating import-related operations in the readme.md ,,, there's a link to importing files where the link itself is bad... goes to a stale URL but if you look at the URL you can infer how to browser to Premiere.jsx...

...in the jsx code is commented out code with a comment "Here's how to import N sequences from a project."

Based on my experience with the above link, I would not get dissuaded by any bad links... look closely at the URLs to see if you can infer how to construct the right current URL... web search can sometimes be your friend here, including site:sitedomain constructs.

Yes, when I started off, I had based my tool after referring to the GitHub samples provided by Adobe.

The import options they talk about there simply gives a dialog box for the user to choose what file he/she wants to import.

And the case of "importing N sequences from a project": This is basically the way of importing sequence objects (not image clips of continuous image-files as we are discussing here, but Premiere sequences) from one Premiere project into another.

I will post whatever solution/workaround I am able to find here..

Thank you so much for taking out time and helping me here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nom666  wrote

I will post whatever solution/workaround I am able to find here..

Thank you so much for taking out time and helping me here

Sounds great... looking forward to hearing what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am curious at that too.

Why scripting while its very easy to import image sequences the regular way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason I'm scripting here is because I'm building a GUI based tool for some editors at a studio where folder structures are always set for projects, and all they have to do is select a project/sequence/shot and at the hit of a button the MOVs & Image Sequences are imported in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nom666  wrote

... I'm building a GUI based tool for some editors ... where ... all they have to do is select a project/sequence/shot and at the hit of a button the MOVs & Image Sequences are imported in.

Very cool... I would contact the person at that Adobe dot com address at that link I referenced. It wouldn't surprise me if get connected with someone who may want to hear your goals with this and point you in the right direction for this automation. I can't say one way or another, but perhaps there's something already available as a boilerplate that they have... you might consider asking if you contact that person. Best of luck with it.

It was this link (Jul 10, 2017 post at the bottom of the thread): Scripting in Premiere Pro - Where to start : Adobe Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your help guys, and thanks for pointing to the email Ashley, I will shoot an email to him and hopefully it leads me somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last parameter to app.project.importFiles is a 0 or 1, to indicate whether or not to "interpret all the files referenced in the array-to-be-imported, as an image sequence".

See usage in PProPanel:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Bruce!

That totally works

Much appreciated,

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to delete audio of a video in a sequence premiere pro using extend script? can you please help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not possible, with today's PPro API.

Such functionality has been requested before, and may be near the top of our API backlog...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh so thats why, is it just possible to read only the 1st row (A1) of the audio tracks and mute it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or to move the audio after the fist row to top? example :
The A3 will move to A2 then the A2 will move to A1

A3 - >  A2 -> A1

is that possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can mute individual clips, as well as tracks. No tracks will move (or renumber), as a result of that muting.

We're investigating the inclusion of functionality to 'unlink' a clip's audio and video, which (I think) would enable the requested behavior, in our forthcoming release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how about cutting/trimming a sequence? example i have a 5 minutes sequence and i want to cut between 3:00(inpoint) - 4:00(outpoint), so my sequence will then become a 4 minutes video. is that possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could create a subsequence of minutes 0 --> 3 of your sequence, a subsequence of minutes 4-5, then insert edit them into a new sequence.

Subsequence example code here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I tried the code but it seems theres an error in this line:

if (vTrack.isTargeted()){

do you know what the source of this error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of PPro are you running [actual version in the about box]?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2019 Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's ok now, thank you so much! I just updated my premiere pro to latest. By the way is there a feature that we can export all the videos and audios in the panels? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there a feature that we can export all the videos and audios in the panels?

Which panel? Are you attempting to transcode everything in the Project panel, or perform a "Consolidate and Transfer", like PPro's Project Manager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i want to get the items (videos and audios) that was imported and including the sequences in the project panel to be exported and the format will remain. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 11.09.42 AM.png

i want to export all of the files in project panel. Is it possible? thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines