• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cc 2017 autorecover does not work.

Contributor ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I allready posted a question about autorecover in cc2017 and that way found that the autorecover folder fio 2017 resides on my scratch disk.
My settings are set to save every 5 minutes and indeed, when I strt working on a file and take a look in the autorecover folder, a file is created there.

However, whenever photoshop crashes and I restart it,  the crashed file is not automatically re-openes as it did in cc2015 and when I open the autorecover folder , that folder is empty.So the autorevover feature is useless .Everything worked perfect in cc2015 and whenever that happened , the crashed file re-opened when I restarted photoshop.Could someone solve this mystery 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its been reported before.  It can work and it can fail. Seems to depend on how scratch disk are configured.

https://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?place=%2Fplaces%2F1413024&sort=updatedDesc&q=CC+2017+Autorecove...

If I remove C: as a scratch disk no Autoecover PSB file are saved in my AutoRecover Folder. So I would guess other configurations will also fail.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, even my scratchdisk is set on the L drive, the autorecover file is created.My problem is , when PS crashes and I restart it, the recover file does not open automatically.What I need to do is go to the autorecover folder and click the recover file.When I do not do that and first start PS without clicking this file, the file gets deleted from the folder.So to sum it up, photoshop crashes, I go to the recover folder and click the file in there , I can recover the file.But if PS crashes and I just restart PS , no recover file gets loaded automatically ( as it did in PS 2015) and when I go to the recover folder after I restart PS 2017, the file is gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure there is a bug report on Adobe feedback site. If you can not find one there please submitt one.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Your luck there are recover file created at least.  When I removed C: as a scratch disk no recovery files were save on my system.  Adobe has bugs in the Autorecovery feature.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines