• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bird Walk Cycle

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a bird character and I would like to integrate a walk cycle that reflects the real anatomy of a birds legs (backwards-bending knees). Has anyone attempted this in Character Animator? If so, please point me to a sample puppet I could study. Thanks much!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that once. The best outcome I could find was to reverse the position of the feet, and then set scale x to -100. I'll look up my test case and post it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reverse feet position! I knew there was an answer. I'll give it a try and see what happens. Thanks so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's a screen cap. Besides making the feet point "backwards, I put the toe tag at the heel, and the heel tag at the toe of each foot. Then, after setting scale x to -100, the arrow keys function is reversed -- the left arrow makes it move forward, and the right arrow makes it move backwards. For a bird. Have fun.

Bird Walk.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines