• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Configuration for Adobe suite

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I need some advice from experienced users in order to buy a sh workstation for photo processing (Lightroom, Photoshop) and sometime video editing in Premiere. Some friend of mine is selling a hp workstation for @ 1000 euro and I wanted to know if it's a good move.

Here it is:

Workstation HP Z620

Processor: 2 x Intel E5-2670 2.6Ghz - 3.3GHz Turbo Frequency

Memory: 12 x 4GB = 48GB DDR3 ECC Registered

Hard drive: 256GB SSD

Video: NVIDIA QUADRO K4000

Optical drive: DVD-Rom

Power supply: 1

Form factor: TOWER

What do you think about it? I will mainly process raw images of @ 60 MB coming from partners (taken with pentax 645z). What is the stronger and weaker side? It is too much 48 gb of ram? Can I handle with just 1 CPU? ( I can buy just one if both are too much). It doesn't bother me the age of cpu as long as it's better or equal with i7.

Thanks for your replies.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might do your Premiere Pro job but we do know the details of your HD media, is it long GOP media which is very CPU intensive?  Your five year old computer just will not allow worthwhile updating.  I suspect it is PCIe bus version 2 since, the GPU is that version.  Now-days a $150 GTX 1050 TI would outperform that Quadro K4000.  I definitely would not go a single CPU.  Your five year old two 8-core Xeon's might come close in processing power of a current 8-core Ryzen 7 or something like an i7-5960X 8-core.  I have a lot of test results but nothing on that model Xeon

I do not know LightRoom but I suspect that for Photoshop it might do very well.  With large images from that Pentax (8256 x 6192) 48 GB of RAM might be very useful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for reply. Based on your advices I made this comparison:

PassMark - CPU Performance Comparison

Note that there is just one Xeon in the test. I'm not really sure if 2 x Xeon gives exactly 2 x power. What do you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines