• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

reactivation CS3

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use my CS3 only ocasionally & was required to reactivate it, which I did, receiving a new license number & downloaded the program as required. I followed the set up instructions and although the screen says my set up is complete I cannot start it up. It just tells me to reactivate, which of course doesn't work as Adobe no longer has online reactivation for this series. I need this up and running as my annual publishing project has a deadline. Can someone help?

Also, I suspect this whole bs is to make me use the version through the cloud, which doesn't work for me due to my meager Internet service out here in the wilderness.

What is/was wrong with my just installing the original disk?

Thanks!

Peter DuPre

[Email removed by Moderator.  This is a public forum. Please don't post personal information.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

The activation servers for CS3 have been shut down:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs3-product-downloads.html

has directions on how to download versions that do not require activation.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The activation servers for CS3 have been shut down:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs3-product-downloads.html

has directions on how to download versions that do not require activation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS3 Activation Servers were retired for technical reasons.  They don't exist anymore.

Before installing the replacement version of CS3, did you remove all traces of the old CS3 from your system with the CS Cleaner Tools?  

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

peterd31973982  wrote

Also, I suspect this whole bs is to make me use the version through the cloud, which doesn't work for me due to my meager Internet service out here in the wilderness.

Creative Cloud software installs on your computer the same as before.  You don't need continual internet access to use your software.   Creative Cloud is merely a subscription model.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled the original CS3 through Windows app for uninstall.

Thanks for your help. Funny, awhile ago I tried to reply & there was no reply link. Finally, it has appeared!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You got caught in the moderation cue for some reason. I approved the comment.

But John is right. CS3 is not supported under Windows 10. You can try running it in Windows 7 compatibility mode but beyond that, I have no suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can do CS3 setup just fine but there is no .exe button anywhere so I cannot actually try to open the program to see if it is functional. Never had a problem like this before. I could blame windows but the lack of an .exe in the set up program seem to be Adobe issue to me. Message tells me set up was good to go, so how do I try to start it up?  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’re not going to want to hear this but the CS3 installers were the worst ones in Adobe’s history. I had to wipe my harddrive and do a clean install of Windows to get it installed and I was using a supported system.

What do you mean there’s no exe button? If it’s installed it should have installed in the program files (x86) folder. Look for the InDesign.exe file (make sure file extensions are visible), right click and choose properties. From the window that opens click on the compatibility tab and choose to run it in compatibility for Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You won't see EXE files in Windows unless you have Hidden Folders and Filename Extensions turned on in your File Manager.  See screenshot.  In addition,  you can right-click on EXE files and Make a Shortcut Icon to drag to your Desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS3 has been running trouble free on my Windows 10 for months, until tonight.
Ran fine yesterday.
No update for weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional question:

What operating system are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows 10, which has been fine for CS3 up to now. No problems.

Thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Owners of old programs simply have problems with Windows 10... none of which is Adobe's fault... Adobe did not change your old program to make it stop working... Microsoft changed their operating system and THAT is why your old program won't work, not because of anything Adobe did... Also... every time Microsoft issues a Win10 update, there is the risk that an old program that HAS been working after the initial Win10 upgrade will STOP working... bottom line, old programs require a matching old operating system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everybody says this BUT I've had no operating issues, just reactivation issues. I also run many old Corel programs such as Paint shop Pro. They say these won't work either, but they do. As for windows, there appears to be zero choice about when they update and what they do. Maybe I've been lucky but I've been a PC user since Windows 3.0!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, My CS3 Extended has been working beautifully on this exact operating system until about 20 minutes ago, when without warning it now won't open.
No change in the operating system in several months, so "Not Adobe's Fault" rings a bit hollow.
Adobe also offered a labyrinthine "Activate by Phone" set of hurdles, and only after giving them every bit of information other than my blood type, I get the phone message that states- "Phone Activation is no longer available..." then it read out a blur of a web address that brought me here, where from what I can tell, Adobe wants me to buy a new copy of the product I have already purchased.
When I meet with my intro to graphics class of 19 students tomorrow, I had planned on telling them to go ahead and get their student discount versions of Adobe Creative Suites by the weekend.
Now, I working on selling them on using the 2017 new version of GIMP. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it helps at all-
I have

My Serial Number (which I just sent, and has been read by the Moderator)

My Activation Number (which I just sent, and has been read by the Moderator)

and my Activation Type: (which I just sent, and has been read by the Moderator)
Is there anyone else that could use this information to help me use the software I purchased?

(does this edit work?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Sorry,

The e-mail I was sent was the following-

ご利用ありがとうございます。

このメールは、あなたが投稿した以下の投稿が当社のモデレータによって拒否されたため送信さ​れています。

Re: reactivation CS3

投稿日 2017/08/22 20:36

Should I put this into google translate?
Or could some actual version of "Customer Service" e-mail me with a solution so I can use the product that was sold to me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Peter, I gather from your reply that you didn't get a solution to allow you to use your purchased adobe product either?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your original install and serial number is no longer able to be activated. You need to go to the link in the answer, and input your old serial number for a new replacement number. You will also be given a replacement installer.

Download Adobe Creative Suite 3 products

Have you done this yet?

Additional CS3 replacement issues are addressed here: CS3 - Still getting Activation Error Message with new Installer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have tried that several times.  It takes me to a page that asks for my serial number.
I have my serial number, but the one I Got when I Paid for this program

looks like- (no actual number, just arrangement) xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
The space then refuses it because it states- Serial Numbers are just numbers, no letters or dashes.
Well, then why does the one Adobe gave to me have dashes?
I tried leaving out the dashes and that doesn't work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case, click on the second link and explain your problem there. It's the troubleshooting thread for CS3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CS3 activation servers were taken offline for technical reasons.  You must log-in with your Adobe ID to get a replacement version and a new serial number that does not require activation. 

See the answer to this discussion for further details.  

Re-activating CS3 (Updated)

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have received a new serial #, but it has gotten me nowhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you’re using it on an older operating system, CS3 is unsupported. And the fact that I might have worked earlier is irrelevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gener7, No I haven't. I have tried everything (I think) but the new download they sent won't allow me to execute program open. I have about had it and cannot afford a new program. I am thinking about trying a much cheaper alternative, if I can

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines