• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Draw a Horizontal Line

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I remember figuring out how to do this but that was months ago and now I'm struggling with what should be a pretty basic task and after 45 minutes of searching I couldn't find an answer so I figured I would just ask.

I'd like to just add a line - a horizontal line in this case but basically something like specify a starting x,y coordinates in inches and an ending x,y coordinates and have a line between those two positions.

So for example, If I wanted to draw a line between [0,0.50]and [8.5,0.50] how would I do that?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Possibly you didn't find anything relevant because the most logical name for such an object is already taken by another one ("line" as in "a line of text", a property of texts). It is called a GraphicLine in the scripting references.

With that I could find several examples; this one How to draw cross line?   shows how to set the individual end points to any value you want, showing it doesn't necessarily need to be horizontal.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly you didn't find anything relevant because the most logical name for such an object is already taken by another one ("line" as in "a line of text", a property of texts). It is called a GraphicLine in the scripting references.

With that I could find several examples; this one How to draw cross line?   shows how to set the individual end points to any value you want, showing it doesn't necessarily need to be horizontal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link no longer works..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread is more than 2 years old. Start a new one with full details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines