• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extract PDF construction drawings file to individual pages with bookmarks file name

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Pro DC

I am new to Adobe Pro DC so please excuse if question not formated correctly.

I would like to extract construction drawing pages from a single file and save them with the name that is shown in the bookmarks pane i.e. ( A1.2 floor plan, S1.2 foundation plan) instead of the automatic sequential numbering 1,2,3.....

I have gone through the tutorials on splitting, extracting but have not been able to get the files saved with the bookmarks name.

Thanks

Art

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Open the Bookmarks panel. You'll see that they are all nested under a top-level bookmark called "Sheets".

You need to move them from there to the top-most level and then delete the empty "Sheets" bookmark for it to work.

Alternatively, you can use this tool I've developed, which will extract the bookmarks at the lowest-level as individual files, and will name those files based on the names of the bookmarks: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Extract Lowest-Level Bookmarks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Tools - Pages - Split Document and then select "Top-level Bookmarks". Click on Output Options and select "Use bookmark names for file names", and you're done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done that twice and I just get a new file named Sheets with all the pages in one file.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many page did you specify?  See screenshot. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you select to split by bookmarks the number of pages option is disabled...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not an option when you select Split By: "Top Level Bookmarks".  There are 79 pages.

Art Trautman

[personal information and signature removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the file in question? Are your bookmarks the top-level ones? If not, you would need to do it using a script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could share but too large to attach.  How do I tell top-level?

Art Trautman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the Bookmarks panel. You'll see that they are all nested under a top-level bookmark called "Sheets".

You need to move them from there to the top-most level and then delete the empty "Sheets" bookmark for it to work.

Alternatively, you can use this tool I've developed, which will extract the bookmarks at the lowest-level as individual files, and will name those files based on the names of the bookmarks: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Extract Lowest-Level Bookmarks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help.............Art

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figured that one out..........link below

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/04d2a597-88a3-4c8d-860d-2997e6bd3d75

Art Trautman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines