• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Waves VSTs in Premiere?

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed these instructions by Adobe on third party VSTs and can not find the plugins in Premiere elements:
  To use third-party effects, copy the effect plug‑in into the Premiere Elements/Plug‑ins/[location] folder, and restart the program.

I am not sure what [Location] folder means so I put them in the Premiere Elements/Plug-ins/en_US
I copied the WaveShell VST3 64-bit file from C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\WaveShells V9 into the folder Adobe suggested.

The plug ins do not show up in premiere.

Waves says they are only officially supported and tested in premiere pro but may work in elements.

I want to check with the Adobe community to make sure I am pasting to the right folder.

I have not tried VSTs by other companies because I mainly own waves Audio plugins.

The Waves stuff works great in my music production Digital Audio Workstations so I just need to figure out how to get premiere to recognize them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need Common instead of en-us.

There is a vst folder inside.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the help.

I tried that and Elements appears to recognizes them when it does a vst scan at start up.

Then when I click on the FX tab in elements I can not find the vsts.

I have looked in the audio fx section and video fx section using the show all tab.

Am I looking for them in the wrong place in elements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would contact Waves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines