Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error in preview and render. Weird lines and colours everywhere

Contributor ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I was working just fine, doing lots of AE composition with dynamic links on premiere. Comps are pretty simple, some background with 4 point gradients, some PNG images for the products, line beams and 3D camera. The problem started with some weird colours on the top of one composition. But now I can't even work, every time I add an effect, like drop shadow, blur, or anything the layer converts into some weird lines and colours, if I move the values sliders the preview shows sometimes the correct preview and sometimes the layer just disappear. Very weird. I hope this is a software problem and not my video card.  anyone experienced this before? any ideas? I have a very tight deadline and I need to finish 35 videos  this week

I attached an example with a solid no fx, and same solid with drop shadow.

Thanks for your help

My setup:

OSX 10.11.6

2x2.4 Ghz Quad Core intel xeon (old Mac pro 5.1)

64Gb ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX Titan X 12G

Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 1.24.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 1.24.12 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Today I worked all day, lot of AE compositions and a lot of different kind of project in premiere with lumetri and realtime fx. no problem at all, except for 2 kernel panic crash, computer restarted. but that's common when working heavy duty

this morning before turn on my mac, I opened it and I disconnect and reconnect the GPU and clean previous cleaning the mac inside. I know that can't be the reason. but so far is working fine. I hope it was just a bad day.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What, exact, version of AE are you using?

In the preferences, try turning off the "hardware accelerate...panels" option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately that didn't work. I turn off the "enable untested GPU for cuda" and the "hardware accelerate composition, layer and footage panels"

I think is more a memory or size image problem, I precompose the image and now the drop shadow is working fine. it only goes crazy when I go with the softness on high numbers.

I think my AE version is the latest,  14.2.1.34 I have a CC subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems an awful lot like a GPU issue. Any chance of updating your driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nothing to update. all drivers are ok.

I can't even work now.... I just drop two JPG to a comp an this is how it looks like...

I hope is not the GPU. is a very expensive graphic card... and I was so happy finally with a perfect setup. Premiere and AE was incredible fast, same thing with renders in Cinema4D using Iray.

Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 3.55.33 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try contacting Adobe support.

(Make sure, by the way, if you're doing it via the website at adobe.com/support that you click on the Creative Cloud option first instead of After Effects first. Otherwise it'll just send you back to the forum because it thinks you're using an old, non-CC version of AE - yes, it's poor design.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will do that.

I'm not sure about a GPU issue. I mean, Premiere is working just fine, Lot of lumetris, Masks, gradient ramps, blurs, Types, alphas, even neat video plugin, everything almost in real time 4k. I think is something about the sizes of the layers in AE, can't explain but it sounds like a limit memory issue or exceded map image more than a melt graphic card that won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let us know how your contact with support goes and if they help you solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Today I worked all day, lot of AE compositions and a lot of different kind of project in premiere with lumetri and realtime fx. no problem at all, except for 2 kernel panic crash, computer restarted. but that's common when working heavy duty

this morning before turn on my mac, I opened it and I disconnect and reconnect the GPU and clean previous cleaning the mac inside. I know that can't be the reason. but so far is working fine. I hope it was just a bad day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines