Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a Wood Burned Effect with Text and Logo

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working on a logo design that incorporates a Logo that has been created with custom text and wood burning. Does anyone know of an effect or process to create Text that has been burned into the BG?

Please see image below to get an idea of the design I am trying to simulate. The Knot would tie, so I had figured a mask path would be required or involved, but I cannot seem to find a way to make it work.

Cohen3 Strand Logo.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The real trick to this kind of thing is to use the Multiply blend mode and carefully design your artwork or maybe even layer it so that you simulate the depth by using darker edges on one side. The Multiply blend mode will make pixels darker, which would simulate the wood burning and dark edges would be darker simulating depth.

There is no clever 3D way to do this in AE without 3rd party plug-ins or resorting to C4D-lite that comes with AE. If you go the 3D way you would have to create your artwork and then subtract it from a 3D model of the wood, then apply the appropriate texture maps and lighting.

Here's a simple text example using AE's text tool, a wood texture, a copy of the text using stroke only for the edge shadow blur and another copy as a track matte. Fractal noise was applied to the original text layer to give it a little more texture. Colors were carefully chosen from the wood layer. I hope this helps. The wood texture comes from Adobe Stock. Pay attention to the layer order and position.

Screen Shot 2017-08-09 at 7.12.40 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cohen: Please let us know if Rick's answer helps you out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines