• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange rectangle pattern appeared on PSD's files ...

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This strange pattern appeared on multiple layers of all the files I had open on Photoshop. Anyone know what this is and how to turn it off? Screen Shot 2017-08-09 at 7.11.23 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-09 at 7.14.19 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to tell. You should post the screen shots showing the full screen, especially the layers panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-08-09 at 8.13.26 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-08-09 at 8.15.39 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like your bottom layer with the rectangles is showing through the other layers. Are these the rectangles you're talking about? If so, some or all of the other layer may not be at 100% opacity, or 100% fill opacity, or the image on the layers themselves might not be totally opaque, do to copying them from another source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These rectangles are on a bunch of layers. I turn off the bottom layer and they're still on the other layers. It just appeared. I also had a few other files open and they appeared on those as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They showed up on every layer across multiple files. When I start a new layer, they're not on it. It's the strangest thing. I normally can figure this stuff out, but I have no idea how this happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes the Adobe Camera Raw GPU when checked on has been known to do strange things.

You can try unchecking and restarting.

Disable Camera Raw GPU.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was hoping that was it, but it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's see if a Preferences reset helps:

Reset Prefs CC 2015.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did work either. Here is a zoomed in shot. IN the white areas, there are no visible pixels. Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 12.14.38 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the close up. What you see is called the Pixel Grid

View > Show > Uncheck Pixel Grid to clear it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought it was that too and tried it, but didn't work. I'm wondering if it could be some kind of glitch or file corruption. I mean how could it happen to all the layers across all open files at once?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I turn off all the layers and then turn oneach layer individually, it's on each one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about View > and uncheck Extras?

Does this happen to other files, or just this one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that either. It happened to each layer of every file I had open at the time. Very strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sure is defying my experience and I own a Macbook Pro, Mid 2012.

If this file is not confidential, could you upload to a file sharing service and PM (Private Message under my Profile) the download link?

I'd like to see if I can duplicate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Otherwise try a chat with Adobe Support. They can remote view the problem.

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I ended up doing. The gal I spoke with said it was the auto-select for the move tool and that it was permanent on each layer, so I'll have to start over. Bummer. Thank you for helping me though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see you are using a Mac.  If you also have a Wacom tablet, it might be the White Window issue.

Menus, shortcuts, Lasso tool, or Photoshop stop working when using a Wacom tablet | Mac OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines