• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have red lines over the text - somebody know what that?

Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_20170810_102341.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

You can leave it "as is" (they won't print) or update your Paragraph style overrides.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at your Paragraph Styles to see if you have "Strike Through" applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this is more likely to do with your "Track Changes" settings in Preferences. I don't have a lot of experience with this feature but I've come across it before when using one document across a team of people.

Check your settings in "Preferences / Track Changes" and see if disabling this feature removes your problem.

The vertical red bar at the left of each line would suggest this isn't a styles issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You forgot to say what version of InDesign you are using.

In CC2017 (and presumably a few versions before that), this is a toggle to show local overrides at the character and paragraph level. The indicators are visible in the normal working mode only, not in Preview or in exported PDFs. I'm not 100% sure this is a CC-or-newer file though, as it looks different in that versions.

In older versions the feature is toggled by a script by Marc Autret. You, or someone else, ran this script, enabled the redlining, and saved the document. Simply run the script again to remove them from view: Indiscripts :: Show Local Formatting in InDesign CS4/CS5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jongware,

I'm 100% sure that the Style Override Highlighter was enabled with that document the OP is showing.
And the OP perhaps opened an IDML document from a doc where the feature was enabled.

In InDesign versions before CC 2015.3 the highlighting is done in red.

With CC 2015.3 and newer the highlighting is done in blue.

Officially the feature was introduced with CC 2015.3.
In versions before it can be controlled only by using scripts.

Here a comparison.

CS4 to CC 2015.2:

StyleOverrideHighlighter-CS4-to-CC-2015.png

CC 2015.3 and above:

StyleOverrideHighlighter-CC-2015.3.png

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx, But how can I correct it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can leave it "as is" (they won't print) or update your Paragraph style overrides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tnx!!! very helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Simply run the script again to remove them from view: Indiscripts :: Show Local Formatting in InDesign CS4/CS5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines