• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character spacing problem

Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter which font I use the spacing when I type text in PS is always off.

The space between letters is too far, and if I decrease it and then use a space the letters start to overlap each other.

ps font problem 1.PNG

So if I then reduce the spacing between I get this overlapping problem.

ps font problem 2.PNG

All I want to do is use any font and type normally, just as you can in any text editor, without the fuss over spacing.

If I enter lots of spaces between the letters, to try and even out the spacing, they start going backwards, no matter which text justification setting you have. This is driving me nuts now!

Any ideas what's wrong with my config?

Thanks

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

OK, an update. I fixed it.

in cc2017 there is an option under Preferences, General to Reset Preferences on Quit.

So I tried this, then opened the last PSD and the text was still a problem, so I reset the setting again and then just started a new file and now it's working perfectly fine.

So the PSDs were also keeping the weird text problem.

I just thought I'd share this in case any else has the same issue and wants to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Have you tried going to the top right of the character panel and from the drop down menu choosing Reset Character ?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've tried that, and loading default styles, it's any font too.

This is only one 1 PC, my laptop works fine, so does anyone know if there's a settings file for PS that i can delete to reset my preferences?

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, an update. I fixed it.

in cc2017 there is an option under Preferences, General to Reset Preferences on Quit.

So I tried this, then opened the last PSD and the text was still a problem, so I reset the setting again and then just started a new file and now it's working perfectly fine.

So the PSDs were also keeping the weird text problem.

I just thought I'd share this in case any else has the same issue and wants to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines