• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to insert a drop down list of colors

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am needing to insert a drop down list to my PDF, but rather than a drop down selection of text, I want to fill the box with a particular color: green, yellow, or red. Is there a certain script I need to run or a certain tool for this in Adobe Acrobat?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Not possible with the built-in fields available in Acrobat. The only way I can think of implementing it is with a set of button fields and a custom-made script to show them when the main field is clicked, apply the selection to it when one of them is clicked, and then hide them. This is not a simple task, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean that each item in the list has a unique color? If so, it's not

possible.

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 9:44 PM, joshb21464502 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a blank cell on my pdf. All I need is to be able to either fill the cell with green, yellow, or red. There will not be any text in the cell, just want to be able to give an option to mark it green, yellow, or red as an easy indicator for projects. Exactly like this picture, except without text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible with the built-in fields available in Acrobat. The only way I can think of implementing it is with a set of button fields and a custom-made script to show them when the main field is clicked, apply the selection to it when one of them is clicked, and then hide them. This is not a simple task, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Darn! I think I read a thread that you helped on earlier with this same issue but with text. That a selection of one input would trigger the cell to fill with a particular color. I could simply use the text "r" y", or "g" in the drop down list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you help me with the particular script I would need to make that action happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. You can contact me privately (try6767 at gmail.com) and we could discuss the details, including the price.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 30, 2023 Sep 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

try this:  it worked for me

var f = this.getField("Dropdown1");

if(event.value == "red"){
f.textColor = color.red;
f.strokeColor = color.red;
f.fillColor = color.red}

else if(event.value == "yellow"){
f.textColor = color.yellow;
f.strokeColor = color.yellow;
f.fillColor = color.yellow}

else if(event.value == "green"){
f.textColor = color.green;
f.strokeColor = color.green;
f.fillColor = color.green}

else if(event.value == "white"){
f.textColor = color.white;
f.strokeColor = color.white;
f.fillColor = color.white}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines