• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot open raw pictures in Lightroom, please help

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and that's really sad cause I love Lightroom. 

I have the latest Lightroom updates (just double checked) and my camera is just over 1 year old, Canon Rebel T6i.

This is the error message that always comes up, and cannot find a way around.Screen Shot 2017-08-09 at 11.45.45 PM.png

I thought it was impossible but my friend said she just used Lightroom to edit her raw pictures. So how can I do it too???

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.  🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

trisha_herself  wrote

I have the latest Lightroom updates (just double checked)

I assume that means you've double checked that there are no updates for your version of Lightroom. That's only part of the story.

The full answer depends on exactly which version you are running. In Lightroom, click Help > System Info and look at the Lightroom version in the first line of the white box.

Since the T6i was first supported in Lightroom 6.0, I assume you're running 5.7.1 or earlier.

If so, your choices are:

1. J

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi trishaherself,

As I understand that you are unable to import raw images into Lightroom and you are using Canon Rebel T6i camera. You need minimum Lightroom 6.0/CC 2015.0 to use the raw file's data as per the supported list of cameras in Lightroom, refer: Cameras supported by Camera Raw​ Please let us know the Lightroom version you are using now?

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's the problem. I'm running Lightroom 5.7.1....

I am part of the cloud, and I was always trying to search for updates from the; Help>Check for updates... dropdown bar in the Lightroom program (and it kept saying there are none), or the app store.  But I just checked CC and there was an update which fixes bugs and supports new camera's. That has to be the problem.

Thank you so very much for you time and prompt reply!  I almost passed off this editing job to someone else, but now it'll be a breeze! 

This makes me very happy! Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trisha_herself  wrote

I have the latest Lightroom updates (just double checked)

I assume that means you've double checked that there are no updates for your version of Lightroom. That's only part of the story.

The full answer depends on exactly which version you are running. In Lightroom, click Help > System Info and look at the Lightroom version in the first line of the white box.

Since the T6i was first supported in Lightroom 6.0, I assume you're running 5.7.1 or earlier.

If so, your choices are:

1. Join the Cloud and get the latest Cloud version of Lightroom, or
  2. Upgrade to Lightroom 6, or
  3. Download the free Adobe DNG converter, convert all your Raw files to DNG format then edit the DNG files in your version of Lightroom.
    Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines