Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML Wrapper not showing linked XML content

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

This is a weird question and hopefully I can explain correctly. I am not an expert in Animate so please bare with me when it comes to coding questions. I generally create simple animations and my knowledge ends there. I had a project that needed to load an image gallery. As my knowledge on how to do this was limited, I foind a free flash template from flashmo.com that allowed me to use their framework and just edit it for my own needs. I have been using this same template for a few projects over the last few years and it always works fine. the template imports photos, photo title and description from a linked xml doc. All goo. Now here is the rub. I am updating this project with new photos etc and when I publish it, the swf file works perfectly. the images and description load, all is good. BUT, the HTML wrapper only shows the background of the flash file and doesn't show the XML content. Below is a screenshot of the SWF file and a screen shot of the HTML wrapper for you to see. After contacting Adobe for help (they were stumped and pointed me in the direction of the forum). And a bit of testing and research on my own, I believe the problem may be with the browser and flash. I have tried in various browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE etc) and all have the same problem. When viewing an old completed project that had no issues previously. the same problem occurs with the wrapper. but when checking the same project online (as it was completed and loaded a year ago) the entire project is fine and the browser shows the xml content. So the problem seems to purely be limited to previewing the HTML wrapper on my local machine.

I really hope I have explained myself correctly here. As the file is fine when loaded to the web, the problem is more an irritation than anything else. thanks for any help you can give.  Bev

SWF screen

HTML wrapper with missing image gallery content

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use a browser with a developer mode (ie, ff, chrome) and pinpoint the problem.

it may be a case-issue.  ie, mypics.xml is the same as myPics.xml online but not locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The name is the same in both so no case issues.

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again, what's developer mode show?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. I am not sure how too view it in developer mode??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the screen from developer mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pick one one of the mentioned browsers and google it and developer mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if it was a name issue, then wouldn't the swf file also have a problem loading the xml? the swf file is perfect, it is only the html wrapper that goes wonky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you're still referencing message 1, that message was, and still is, correct:

use a browser with a developer mode (ie, ff, chrome) and pinpoint the problem.

it may be a case-issue.  ie, mypics.xml is the same as myPics.xml online but not locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and why does it matter as long as your project works online?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said. It was a weird issue. Just figured an expert may have seen

this before and there may be some easy fix that I did not know. Seems like

no one knows the answer so I will let it go. Maybe it will fix itself the

same way it broke itself. Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines