• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign Protective Shutdown File Corrupt

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was finishing up a file in InDesign when I got the Protective Shutdown message.  I rebooted and when I tried to recover the file InDesign froze.  I rebooted and tried several times and the file would not open.  Renamed/deleted preferences, removed the recovery data, etc. and nothing works.  I can't open the file.  Is it gone for good?  Running Sierra on a MacBook Pro.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am sorry that you faced such a situation. Since you have already removed all recovery data and preferences, there is no chance InDeisgn can recover it now.

I hope you had incrementally saved the file while working, and not at a complete loss of work now?

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fortunately I had a file that was just a couple of hours old.  I still have a copy of the original preference and the recovery data file - I don't know if that makes a difference - if I could still try to recover it.  I am really bothered as to why this happened in the first place and why I couldn't recover immediately after the crash.  I've had nothing but trouble with InDesign after upgrading to Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, why can't I recover/repair the file without the changes that were made before the crash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Maybe reading this Recover InDesign documents  will clear your doubts?

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I read this several times yesterday and it didn't help at all.  For one thing it never addressed what to do if you could not open the document.  Everything I try to open the document I get the spinning ball, have to force quit and restart the computer.

Why are there so many problems with InDesign and Sierra?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

What version of Sierra are you on?

Do you have any antivirus running on your system? Or do you use any third party plugin? Or some font management software?

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines