• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Aftereffects crashes at startup?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my aftereffects crashes during startup with this message (see attached image). I have tried to uninstall and reinstall aftereffects to no avail. I was using the program with no problems a few weeks ago, but now I can no longer open old projects or start new ones.

I have a Mac and I included a screenshot of the computer details (see attached image).

Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 12.18.10 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2017-08-10 at 12.25.00 PM.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

I fixed the problem!

"...(on a Mac) hold down the Command + Option + Shift keys as you start After Effects, this will allow you to delete the corrupt preference file. On a PC its Control + Alt + Shift."

After this there was a plain dialog box - "Do you want to delete corrupt Preferences File?".  I clicked Yes.  AE started up smoothly.

Solution courtesy of Brian Charles, http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/970527

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue, start today when I open the After Effects. I was using the program with no problems yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried trashing your preferences? See this page: Reset After Effects Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I tried, but didn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and still didn't work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BrandonJDick,

Please try these steps and report back if you were successful with a fix: Premiere Pro CC, CC 2014, or 2014.1 freezing on startup or crashing while working (Mac OS X 10.9, an...

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed the problem!

"...(on a Mac) hold down the Command + Option + Shift keys as you start After Effects, this will allow you to delete the corrupt preference file. On a PC its Control + Alt + Shift."

After this there was a plain dialog box - "Do you want to delete corrupt Preferences File?".  I clicked Yes.  AE started up smoothly.

Solution courtesy of Brian Charles, http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/970527

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone here use Animation Composer?? I do, and notice that whenever this AE crash at startup happens it usually works after updating Animation Composer, so wondering if somehow that plug in may be causing these issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines