Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Standard DC (2015) Crash On Exit After Email

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having an issue with Acrobat crashing after attaching an email to Outlook and then closing Acrobat.  I open Acrobat, open a PDF, click the email button to attach in Outlook, send the email, then close Acrobat.  After closing, Acrobat crashes with the following information:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: Acrobat.exe

Application Version: 15.6.30280.16515

Application Timestamp: 587e7b7b

Fault Module Name: StackHash_0a9e

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Offset: 32003800

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Data: 00000008

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I have updated, uninstalled, run the Acrobat cleaner tool, reinstalled, ran sfc /scannow, and checked to make sure protected view is off.  Basically I've searched the forums and tried everything people have mentioned while getting random crashes, but nothing will fix this.  Acrobat only crashes when these specific steps are followed, but it's something that occurs frequently as this task is performed many times.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dbillet,

Based on the description mentioned above, Acrobat is crashing when attaching a pdf to email using Outlook and then closing Acrobat, is that correct?

Please try following troubleshooting steps:

1- Install updates- check if any update is pending for Acrobat- click "Check for Updates" under Help menu.

You can also download updates manually using this link: Adobe - Acrobat : For Windows

2- If that doesn't work, try the steps suggested in the following link at post #1 : bex error every time I try to open a pdf file. What should I do?

Could you let us know the operating system installed on the machine?

Does Acrobat also crashes when you close the application after using other options like Export PDF/Create PDF?

Let us know how it goes.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same exact issue with similar Event Log information:

Faulting application name: Acrobat.exe, version: 15.6.30354.42847, time stamp: 0x598b6035

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0xa8dc0246

Faulting process id: 0x174c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d31b6b6957ce70

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2015\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: b397e0f9-875e-11e7-8963-10604b64cb6e

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this issue?  I actually opened a ticket with Microsoft and they said you Adobe has it down as a known issue at the moment.  Is that correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi B_cin,

We are aware of this issue and our team is working on it. You may visit this link for more info on: Known issues | Adobe Acrobat DC, Reader DC

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adorobat,

Any update on the issue?  I do not see the topic discussed here on the known issues or if it is being addressed?

MS keeps updating their Office, and I would like to update to the latest releases but this issue is not allowing that.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi B_cin,

Could you please let us know the version of Acrobat installed on the machine? You may refer to the following link on how to:Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Also, update Acrobat to the latest version. Click "Check for Updates" under Help. You may also download updates manually from this link:

Adobe - Acrobat : For Windows

Reboot the machine once updated and try again.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adorobat,

Version of Adobe installed on the machine is Adobe Acrobat DC (2015) 15.006.30355 (latest Version Released Aug 29, 2017)

I did have reader installed but i ripped that out to further troubleshoot.

I performed the CLEANER tool on my machine, as well as the re-installed the client again issue still persists.

If you move your Office client back to an OLDER deferred client 16.0.8201.2193 .. issue is resolved .. but there has been a client released on the Deferred channel updated October 2017 that has security releases 16.0.8201.2200 .. which worked for a little while but now is giving us the same issue again.

You use the SendMail feature, it pops open the e-mail, you send it.  You then close out of the PDF that was generated in the browser and IE crashes.

Any assistance would be amazing Adorobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines