• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Remove Vertical Rule

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to InDesign and I'm working on editing previously created [by someone else] files. I have a document with an answer key at the end, with a master page style that includes two columns and a vertical rule in between the two columns. I have a page to insert after the answer key and I want to keep the master style that includes the page number and footer on the bottom, etc. However, the text is supposed to span the column and I want to remove the line. I can't find a way to select or remove the line and I can't find a help topic for this anywhere.  I've included a screenshot - the line I'm talking about is the grey one parallel to the teal guideline.

capt.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Okay, add this:

1) Select the text. Move it off the page onto the pasteboard.

2) Put your cursor on the line, then Command/Control+Shift+click on it. You should see the line endpoints selected. If the text is still selected, hold down the shift key and click on it to de-select it.

3) With just the line selected, press the delete key.

4) Move the text back. That should work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The vertical line is either attached to the guide or the master page.

Clicking Command+Shift+mouse click on a Mac or Control+Shift+Left Mouse button on a Windows system will release the guide. Then press the delete key to send it to electronic nirvana.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried that, but it removes everything on the page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, add this:

1) Select the text. Move it off the page onto the pasteboard.

2) Put your cursor on the line, then Command/Control+Shift+click on it. You should see the line endpoints selected. If the text is still selected, hold down the shift key and click on it to de-select it.

3) With just the line selected, press the delete key.

4) Move the text back. That should work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it, thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad this worked for you.

Can I ask you a favor? Mark this question as answered so the moderators can archive it and it'll help others who need it.

And anytime you need help, give this place a shot. There are lots of folks here happy to lend a hand when you need it.

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines