• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can not mount external hdd in lightroom

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if i try to put a external hdd to lightroom, it does not apear as hdd in lightroom folder section. it appears as a subfolder in a volumes folder of my macintosh hd.

the volumes folder does not exist in the finder of my macintosh hd and so dont the hdds. the hdd symbols appear on my desktop as external hdd.

whats going wrong? all the folders with questionmarks below are actually external hard disks.

thank you for any ideaBildschirmfoto 2017-01-18 um 22.00.34.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanx a lot for yout help

i did as in the description but the external hdds did not appear on the same level as macintosh hd. the just disappeared.

but now i am abel to mount the hdds to lightroom again. i tryed with one "Killerpilze" as you can see. in lightroom this hdd is empty but i can search fot the pictures and hopefully restore the folder structure somehow. but i guess thats not the proper way.

i guess i got spmething wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-19 um 12.28.06.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You CAN'T PUT a HDD into the LR Folders section. The only way to get a drive to show up properly in that Folders section is to import images from that drive.

LR is not a File Manager like Finder. If you want to move images off of your internal drive to this new external drive use Finder to Move them including all the same Folder structure then in LR use the Update Folder Location right click option to point to the new external drive that you moved the images to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

talking about 300000 images and they are already on hdds all imported via lightroom but for a to me unknown reason the do not appear as hdds in lightroom but as folders under macintosh hd >> folder/ >> volumes....

when i do the "hide this parent" routine the hdds do not appear as hdds on same level like macintosh hd finally.

the disappear...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem and I just found a fix!   You need to right click on the volumes and click "hide parent" all the way up the file structure until they all "disappear."  As scary as that sounds, once you do that, you just need to close and reopen lightroom and viola!  All the drives will show as they did previously!   Good luck! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines