• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fly-Out Menu Opening in the Wrong Direction

Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm having an issue with fly-out menus on my toolbar in which they open in the wrong direction. I am using three monitors and prefer to use the center monitor as my active workspace. When I click on a fly-out on the toolbar, such as the shape fly-out, it opens to the left, instead of the right. Since I am using 3 monitors, this means its opening up into my left monitor and overlapping whatever program I have open over there.

Of course, when I move the toolbar to the right side and attach it to all of my open windows (layers, colors, etc.) the fly-out menus open to the right and cover those windows. That is less bothersome than going into a different screen, but still not desired.

How do I attach my toolbar to the left of the screen and make the fly-outs open to the right?

This is the only program I've had this issue with.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Hi hollyeperret,

As per your query you are opening InDesign on middle screen but flyout menus of the toolbar opens on left screen(i.e; right side of left screen)?

In that case please use InDesign on primary screen or make middle screen your primary screen.

Do share your findings and in case you require any further help please reply on same thread.

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system? Mac or Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi hollyeperret,

As per your query you are opening InDesign on middle screen but flyout menus of the toolbar opens on left screen(i.e; right side of left screen)?

In that case please use InDesign on primary screen or make middle screen your primary screen.

Do share your findings and in case you require any further help please reply on same thread.

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines