• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

11.0.21 Update

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to open some Excel attachments (xlsb, xlsm) since installing the 11.0.21 update. normal fixes - restoring trust manager settings and editing reg key dont work. is this caused by the update or is something else going on? any way to roll back?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michaelb,

Would you help us how were the files attached with a PDF file? If you install Reader DC Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions are you able to reproduce the issue?

Will be waiting for your response.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files are PDF Portfolios and some of the files in them are Excel files. It’s xlsm and xlsb files that started being blocked by the 11.0.21 update. we were able to re-allow access by modifying the registry key and changing those types from 3 to 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the exact same issue, on two different Win7x64 machines.

Before the update, both would open/extract Excel files attached or part of a portfolio.

After the update (11.0.21), BOTH complained about "trust" issues.

On one machine, it was a matter of

1. open xls okay

2. do the update

3. fails to open xls

With about 5 minute between step 1 and step 3.

But I found a solution; it's crazy, but it works:

On an Acrobat.exe or shortcut, select "properties", "compatibility tab", check "run in compatibility mode", and

select "Windows 7" from the OS dropdown.

I am *running* Windows 7, so why do I need to run in Windows 7 compatibility? That's the crazy thing.

After the change, you get a prompt about "always open this type of file?" but you can open the excel attachments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines