• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I import new pictures into light room why does it delete my other pictures out and says the photo cannot be found?

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to import my photos into lightroom and it deletes my previous photos that I had in lightroom. It brings up an exclamation point by the photo, but when I hit develop it says that the photo cannot be found.

[Moved from the non-technical Lounge Forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

You're images aren't being deleted. The exclamation point indicates that the location that the image was moved from it's location at the time of import. Click on the exclamation point and you will see a message stating where the image was previously located.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're images aren't being deleted. The exclamation point indicates that the location that the image was moved from it's location at the time of import. Click on the exclamation point and you will see a message stating where the image was previously located.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are misunderstanding the meaning of 'Import' which is pretty common with new users. Import does not actually put the images into Lightroom, it merely points Lr to where the images exist on your hard drive. If Lr loses track of those images you will get an exclamation mark. Lr will lose track of the images if you delete them, move them, or rename them outside of Lr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom won't delete the pictures unless you specifiy the LR to delete.

Exclamation mark says that the file is not there in the previous location.

This may happen if we rename/move/delete the files and LR is unable to find the photos at that path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines