• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrolling not working for glyphs panel

Engaged ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having trouble scrolling down through the glyphs panel. The mouse scroll is ignored. If I click on a particular glyphs, I can use PageDown to go down, but only one page. Then I have to reclick and try again. And sometimes it doesn't work at all.

Is there some trick I am missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Hi,

Yes as Bob said that is a known and reported issue. Can you please let us know any steps with which we can reproduce the problem consistently on a machine with clean caches and preferences?Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I’ve seen this reported as a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response. I'll just hang on and wait for an update to address the problem. Anyway, I am relieved that the problem is not on my end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Indesign and what OS are you using? I tested this on Indesign CC 2017.1 on Mac OS 10.11.4 and had no problem scrolling through the glyphs panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same version and am working on a PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could be mistaken. I read a lot of posts around here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes as Bob said that is a known and reported issue. Can you please let us know any steps with which we can reproduce the problem consistently on a machine with clean caches and preferences?Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I confirmed the problem and then deleted both the preference files. Everything worked fine, but I lost my "saved" templates, so I restored just the "InDesign Defaults" file and then started up again. My templates were back and everything worked fine.

But here is something I didn;t expect: the "InDesign SavedData" that was the culprit was only 7 meg, whereas the new one that was created after restarting InDesign and only opening a blank page to test was a whopping 45 meg. Anyway, for now it is working.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it turns out I spoke too soon. I deleted 3 fonts and added 3 new ones, and now the same problem has returned. I guess it is a bug after all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue on InDesign 2017.1 (12.1.0.56) on OS X 10.11.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

at least workaround for this glitch- a trick is make all the glyphs small- click towards the middle of the glyphs- then you can scroll down to where you click- - then if you want to scroll further click further down on another glyph lower down - and it will scroll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines