• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Inconsistency of Art between devices - Photoshop CC

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Forums. Pleasure to be here. This is also my first time posting in here so I apologize if I am being unclear about anything that I'm about to say.

This kind of question has probably been asked already, and I was digging through some discussions that might be relevant in regards to my problem, but I guess I'm looking for a more straightforward answer.

So I'm a new illustrator. I'm currently subscribed to Photoshop CC using my Windows 10 Acer Laptop. In my old windows 7 laptop, I have Adobe Photoshop CS6. When I was drawing via the old one, whenever I have a finished drawing, the colors were accurate after printing and were more saturated. Now that I moved to my new laptop and have been drawing through CC, I have been noticing the major color difference. When I am looking at my artwork through my phone, I am seeing the saturated version, but what I have drawn in CC is less saturated.

This bugs me quite a bit because what I'm thinking is if I am to draw something in the future that is quite vibrant in CC, if I am to look at it through other devices, it would be TOO saturated. This makes it so that I could never get an exact end result of whatever it is that i'm illustrating in terms of color.

What I want is for whatever that I'm illustrating in CC to be, if not exactly, as close as it could get across the other devices

This is my specs:

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 15063) (15063.rs2_release.170317-1834)

System Model: Aspire E5-722G

AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics     (4 CPUs), ~2.2GHz

Thank you for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Color will always be differ between devices unless they are the same make and model in identical environments.  Displays have different color capabilities and the environment the display is use in can change the color you see.  Colors on a single PC  can  also be inconsistent you can have several displays on a pc and you will find some applications color manage images files and convert the files color space colors to your displays  and printers color spaces other application may treat all image

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Color will always be differ between devices unless they are the same make and model in identical environments.  Displays have different color capabilities and the environment the display is use in can change the color you see.  Colors on a single PC  can  also be inconsistent you can have several displays on a pc and you will find some applications color manage images files and convert the files color space colors to your displays  and printers color spaces other application may treat all image files as if the had srgb colors. Different printers have different color capabilities and the paper use effect the colors as well. This is planet earth it not a perfect world. Different Operation system run displays differently. PC Mac, IOS, adroid,  .... the list goes on an on.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Short answer: this is why color management was invented. It solves exactly this problem, by using icc profiles to remap RGB values from one device to the next.

All Adobe applications are fully color managed and they will do this if you let them.

What you need, however, is icc profiles that describe how your screens reproduce color. This is what people use calibrators for. They range from entry-level at around $100, to fully Integrated high-end solutions. Google it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines