• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layers missing color in saved psd file

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i created a psd file with multiple layers. Each. Layer had a different color. This w as done wth CC6. When I open this file in the latest Photoshop version, I can no longer open the color options for the layer. However, I can access the blending options for that layer. Can someone explain what might be causing this problem? Many thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

I cannot reproduce this issue. I saved a Photoshop CS6 file with layers, opened it in Photoshop CC. The layers retained their colors and I am able to right click on a layer to change its color.

If the problem happens with more than one file, you may need to reset your preferences. Preferences in Photoshop  and if that doesn't work you may need to use the CC Cleaner tool. Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce this issue. I saved a Photoshop CS6 file with layers, opened it in Photoshop CC. The layers retained their colors and I am able to right click on a layer to change its color.

If the problem happens with more than one file, you may need to reset your preferences. Preferences in Photoshop  and if that doesn't work you may need to use the CC Cleaner tool. Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It should work just fine.

1. What kind of layer is it, though I don't think this is the problem... just curious?
  2. Are the layers locked? (Unless you lock all you can still set the blend mode.)
  3. Have you tried opening it up on another system or under a different user? (If it does work then reset your preferences.)

Reset Photoshop

1. Go to PS General Preferences and click on the button: Reset Preferences on Quit

2. The new preferences files are created the next time you start the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines