Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to download ebooks in Adobe Digital Editions

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since the last two days, I encounter the following error message from Adobe Digital Editions every time I try to download any ebook from Open Library...that is, when I double-click the ACSM file:

"Unable to Download

Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem:

E_ADEPT_NO_FULFILLMENT_REQUEST"

I've already tried uninstalling and then re-installing ADE. I've also tried to "Erase Authorization" and then re-authorized my computer. But the error persists. Please help!

TOPICS
ADE authorization

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you check if other eBooks work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. I've been downloading ebooks from Open Library using ADE for almost 6 months but never faced any problems.

Yes, I've tried downloading other ebooks as well. But the moment the ACSM URL link opens, an error message always pops up. Apart from the above message, sometimes it says either of the following:

"E_ADEPT_NO_FULFILLMENT_RESULT" 

OR

"E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_TYPE_UNKNOWN"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADEPT DOCUMENT TYPE UNKWOWN get i only if my firewall blocked the file in the acsm url..Has you check if any securty Software blocked the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on my new Mac! my error message is a little different. Unable to download

E_ACT_NOT_READY

My new computer is authorized!

I tried other .acsm files! With the same results. Contacted my library! They suggested this forum.

Sorry, I can help with a solution!

Is there someone out there that can???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To resolved the error not_ready try this:

quit Adobe Digital Editions.

Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The steps you presented solved my downloading problem! THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the staff ever look at these posts? Does ANYONE--users or tech support--know how to help me with this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strangely enough, the error messages no longer appear from today and I am able to download the ebooks with ADE. And I did not tinker with anything at all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seams that the download server has a short problem. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are looking for PDF/ebook downloader, zlibrary is search and download PDF files free!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case if you need to download not only via PDF/ebook downloader, but also mobi and ebup, you can visit pdfmania to search and download PDF, Epub, Mobi files!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2023 Dec 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the exact same problem:

"Unable to Download

E_ADEPT_NO_FULFILLMENT_REQUEST"

I cannot download the latest ebook I bought on Kobo, neither can I download ebooks I succesfully downloaded in the past.

The problem occurs on both my Android phone and my PC Windows 7.

Could anyone of the staff help on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines