Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom mobile meta data sync

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

since this is my first post I am not sure if this is a German or English forum...let's play safe 🙂

I have been using Lightroom for the last 5-6 years or so and only recently started using lightroom mobile...I found the sync with my desktop version works (almost) perfectly. Only almost because the metadata of my photos is "corrected" in the desktop version so that the snapshot time in the thumbnail is the sync time. Here is what I have done:

1.) Add 900 photos from my iPhone fotos app to Lightroom mobile

2.) All 900 photos show correct metadata (date and time as shot), giving me a nice timeline in the app

3.) Distributed the 900 photos across 4 collections and synched these to the desktop version

The result I get is that a photo in the mobile app has a correct timestamp of, say July 1st 2015, and after it appears in the desktop version has a timestamp of August 8th (sync date). They are still sorted right but only through the file number and I am not able to filter for the year the picture was taken.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Hi all,

I was referring to the Capture Date but somehow the problem solved itself. I guess it needed a couple of days to properly synch. When I looked the next day the Capture Date metadata was correct on all pictures.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to to the Capture Date?...or modified date? - Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where exactly are you looking at the DATE you are writing about? It is in LR or in the File Manager of the OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The camera metadata in Lightroom is not being changed when syncing with your desktop app. Can you upload a screen shot showing the date you are referring to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I was referring to the Capture Date but somehow the problem solved itself. I guess it needed a couple of days to properly synch. When I looked the next day the Capture Date metadata was correct on all pictures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waiting already a day for photos out of sync in time by 2hrs to have their corrected time to show up on mobile so photos from two different cameras are out of order. This is just metadata. If it take a day on the weekend when you have time to edit, and you have to wait till the next weekend or worse, makes this frankly unusable, or at least unfair to charge for a subscription for something that hasn't had a meaningful improvement or update in months, maybe years now, and to say nothing of the practical functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines